What’s the point of having a blog?
If you want to make more money online, you should consider studying blog creation. Business to business marketers with a blog get 67% more leads than those who don’t. Blogs have been considered the fifth most trusted source of accurate online information.
- Blog: A shortening of the term weblog. It is created when people start logging their individual opinions, links to other sites, etc. on a regular basis.
- Content usually organized by date and category. The most recent post/content displays first.
- Before you start blogging, choose a topic about which you are passionate and fairly knowledgeable about.
Free weblog maker?
- Downsides to using a free blog maker:
- Companies who offer “free” blog makers have to make money somehow. They may put ads on your blog. They may sell you upgrades.
- May have severe restrictions. E.g.: Not being able to advertise on your own website
- May be able to make money blogging if you avoid the free blog maker
Blog hosting with a monthly fee
- LiquidNet Ltd Hosting costs less but no advertising tools to help you make money blogging
- I have been creating websites since 1996 and have had many different web hosts. LiquidNet is my favorite.
- LiquidNet has WordPress.
Start your weblog today with these WordPress tips
One of Joseph Montes’ Google Plus posts is full of WordPress blogging tips. Read them on his http://elitemarketingpro.net weblog.
Glossary of Blogging
Wikipedia.org also says: As far as company-run websites go, niche blogs are an effective marketing tool due to their more organic, less sale-oriented nature. By providing useful content for users, like guides and user experiences, rather than just pitching sales, niche blogs encourage product and brand awareness, and are therefore popular in a range of industries as an addition to company websites. Read more.
Free WordPress Plugins
- Before you start blogging, you will want
- Spam protection. (I use Akismet.)
- SEO (search engine optimization). (I recommend and use Yoast SEO.)
- A contact form (I use and recommend Contact Form to Email.) and
- A sitemap to help the search engines find you. Google XML Sitemap is recommended.
- To get these features on your WordPress site, go to the free WordPress plugins page
- Enter plugin subject into search box