The previous blog post told you how to add your picture & name to EVERY post & page on the website. However, what if your blog has guest posts? You will want your guest’s name & photo on his post. If you are the WordPress author, you will want your name & photo on your posts.
Use WordPress plugin called Ad Inserter
There is a free WordPress plugin called Ad Inserter. You can use it to insert display ads within a document or in the right-hand column.
However, you can use text & HTML code to display other sorts of data. This post will explain how to use Ad Inserter to add the WordPress author name & photo above the fold. They will go into the right-hand column of select blog posts.
- Go to WordPress Plugins menu, click Add New button
- Search for ad inserter.
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate.
- After activation, click “Settings / Ad Inserter” to access the settings page
- Check lists on left. Use the dropdown boxes to change each one to Only on selected.
- In the alignment & style box, use the dropdown arrow to select Custom CSS.
- Add this code to the CSS box: margin: 8px 0; height: 90px; .
- Note that if you are adding a larger display ad, you likely will not use CSS. Instead you would use the dropdown box to align left.
- Black List should be selected in all of the radio buttons.
- Check Widget option near the bottom.
- Click Save All Settings
- Click on Appearance > Widgets.
- Drag Ad Inserter widget into sidebar.
- After you click the Save button, author name & photo will be in the right-hand column.
Other features of Ad Inserter
There is a Pro version for $20. However, there is still lots you can do with the lite version.
- With lite version, up to 16 different ads on website at a time.
- Ad Inserter Pro up to 64.
Watch the video
To fully understand this blog post, you should watch the video below. Make sure you watch it in full screen mode.